Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We are not Gods!

Revelation 4:10 "the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
11"You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."

This is what John saw right when he got caught up.

When they saw him they threw down there Crowns. "We would not even come to Him if He didn't even draw us" (Two Tress in the Garden). What Crowns do we wear in the presences of God that we refuse to give up or let go of. I just hope that my heart is still soft to His voice. He is the leader, and I am only someone He granted to lead with, together. Sometimes when we made choices in this life it's easy to make decisions about our life's direction based solely on wisdom. What's the right decision, the right thing to do, the right place to go. Sometimes though, the decision are really about probability. To increase the probability that are life will come out okay. Well find the right job, spouse, Life... and we will leave Jesus at the fork in the road of life, when life began to become burdensome.
We can really be self-centered, and only care that at the end of are life we will be okay. Where is the Faith in that, or the Love, the Hope in Christ? We can do great things in this world and leave Christ behind. The crowns we wear can be so foolish. We are not Kings by birth, We are not Gods! We are nothing without Christ. Jesus follow God all the way to the cross. Let us strive to be selfless, and truly make God the focus of our lives.

"I never want to leave you again. I never want to make a decision without you again. Lord, I know that when I look at you healing fills my soul. I am not a sinner. My heart is good, and I am not condemn by you. You have made me up right and I want to lead with you, not against. I surrender once again. Fill me"

No comments: