Sunday, May 3, 2009

Finding a Constant

John 18:1-11

I look up to that. Under the weight of life I can find rest in that. Not because of the story, but because Jesus lives inside of me. No longer will I fold under the pressure weighing me down, I just can't. Jesus truly is greater than the world. He overcame the weight that was given to him, he overcame the ridged-ness of the hearts of men, he concord my heart and I've surrender. How can he stand up to that betrayal with such heart? I honor my Savior. There is no one like him, truly no one.

"Come through for me again, Father. Come through like you always do. I've fought and fought and I just can't seem to win. Is it pointless for me to continue? Why have I lost so much? This battle is to cruel for my heart. I can't shake it and it is consuming me. Come through for me once again. Remember me, remember my heart. I long for you, O'lord. There is no one like you and no one can come close. Only you can clean the hearts of men. Only you redeem the minds of men. Take my heart, take my mind, take all of me. Under all this weight, I give it all to you. Take me home under your wing."

No comments: